CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer & Producer for CNN Newsource (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170585BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
A Newsource Writer/Producer must be skilled in crafting broadcast ready scripts that are accurate and conversational. This person is expected to write a variety of news scripts including lead-ins, vo's, tags, etc. for more than 1,100 CNN affiliates around the globe.
- High performing Writer/Producers will also be expected to write packages and/or copy edit, when needed
- The Newsource Writer/Producer is also responsible for making editorial decisions on content distribution in conjunction with writing scripts
- At times, a Writer/Producer will also proxy edit
- All of this must be done within a fast paced work environment
- The ideal candidate also must be able to provide excellent customer service to affiliates and the ability to collaborate with co-workers across all of CNN's platforms
- 2 years or more writing experience and 3-5 years total news experience
- Experience in local news is helpful
- Creative written and oral skills are also essential, as well as strong organizational skills and flexibility
- A college Bachelor degree is also required
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS