Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
VP, Content Acquisition & StrategyLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 166771BR Apply Now
The Vice President, Content Acquisition & Strategy will be responsible for executing on the established content acquisition strategy which is critical to the success of this new business.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, oversee and guide all Turner Sports' live programming and content acquisitions across the entire Turner Sports linear portfolio, which is currently $1B+ in advertising revenue alone.
- Lead multiple digitally-strategic acquisitions (e.g. UEFA Champions League which was $60MM in rights fees annually with $30MM in revenue and is just one example).
- Strategizing and identifying potential rights holders/content owners, developing relationships with those groups/individuals, negotiating content agreements, developing all related analysis and internal communications.
- This role will serve as the face of acquisitions to all in-bound proposals and RFPs for all of Turner Sports - both linear and digital.
- Work directly with the President and COO of Turner Sports advising, strategizing and influencing on the best approach to acquisition for the division.
- Work directly with the GM of Catch Sports to lead all digital content acquisitions.
- Setting the strategy and direction for acquisition which will be critical to the success of this new business.
- This new business will be one of the cornerstones for the future of Turner Sports as we grow and expand into the direct-to-consumer ecosystem and revenues could reach $60MM+ in the first years with the potential to be our next $1B business in the future.
- Strategy development is another key element of this role in which this person helps to develop various business strategies ranging in scope from smaller, more focused initiatives to overall divisional strategy.
- Key aspects here include understanding key marketplace, consumer and ecosystem dynamics, developing a clear position and goal, and then creating a defined strategy along with implementation plans
- Focus on operational-related projects and initiatives as well as their strategy and acquisition responsibilities.
- This work encompasses partnering with our operational groups on certain initiatives to identify and develop new content, monetization and consumer strategies including seeing such opportunities through from conceptualization to execution.
- Negotiation and analysis, for both linear and digital properties
- Strategic, qualitative and competitive analysis, including strategy development
- Robust and in-depth media landscape and sports business/rights knowledge
- Strong leadership, including ability to influence senior executive levels
- Communication and presentation proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sports Management or related field.
- MBA or graduate degree highly preferred. - Content acquisition experience, including
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS