Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
UX ArchitectLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166418BR Apply Now
The Turner Story TBS, Inc. is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com But wait, there’s more! • Paid time off every year to volunteer • 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers • An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
As a UX Architect at NBA Digital you will be part of the team that designs, builds, and launches products and services including NBA.com, the NBA Apps, NBA League Pass, and NBA TV. You will collaborate closely with product managers, product designers, engineers, researchers, product marketers, and many others to solve complex challenges and create experiences that allow millions of fans to get closer to the game they love. In return, you’ll have an opportunity to learn about the unique challenges of designing digital sports experiences, including premium video, subscription, and fantasy, across a wide range of platforms. We are looking for a UXer who can straddle the line between the business and the fan, crafting and advocating for solutions that best serve both. To us, success is not only about the products and experiences we build, but how we get there as a team. If you have a heart for sports fans, a head for problem solving, and the humility to apply your talents to something larger than yourself, this may be the right opportunity. This person reports to the Director of UX, NBA Digital.
UX Design and Information Architecture:
- Translate business requirements and fan insights into interfaces, interaction models, and seamless experiences for NBAD products, features, and services.
- Develop UX Documentation & Prototypes that effectively communicates proposed fan experiences including sitemaps, user flows, sketches, wires, prototypes.
- Deﬁne the information architecture and interaction ﬂow for products. Function as bridge across disciplines (design, product, engineering, research, marketing) in order to develop informed solutions. Refine, maintain, and advocate for design system guidelines.
- Help inform ongoing learning agenda by identifying and gathering key product questions for various methodologies (including UX Research, Analytics, A/B Testing, Voice of the Customer, etc.)
- Support UX Research activities by producing prototypes of varying fidelity for testing.
- Note: This role will NOT be responsible for conducting research. We have awesome researchers for that! :)
- Conduct heuristic evaluations by gauging new and existing experiences for usability best practices and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Conduct competitive analyses.
- Plan and facilitate product design sprints.
- Stay current of industry developments and new technologies to inform experiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in UI guidelines and best practices for mobile apps, responsive web, and/or connected devices.
- Demonstrated experience with user-centered design activities including interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, content inventories, competitive analysis, customer journeys, storyboards, and heuristic reviews.
- Proficient creating UX documentation such as wireframes, user flows, site maps, and prototypes with Sketch and InVision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and storytelling skills. Comfortable presenting work, facilitating design workshops, and articulating decisions to peers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions.
- Ability to pick battles and be team player.
- Ability to balance needs of fan and business, with design best practices and constraints of implementation technologies.
- An online portfolio demonstrating applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design across platforms including mobile apps, responsive web, and/or connected devices. Your UX documents include site maps, flows, and wireframes and strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking.
- Bonus points for:
- Prior experience designing for sports, e-commerce, subscription, and/or video streaming products
- Experience with designing for localization
- Familiarity with and passion for sports (any sports!)
- Proactive- A self-starter who will take ownership of projects, as well as come up with new ideas to support and improve the team.
- Empathetic (of fans and colleagues)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS