CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
UX ArchitectLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168455BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The NCAA Digital team is home to a group of smart people with different backgrounds and unique interests who are dedicated to creating the best experience for our audience. We want to deepen the way college sports fans connect with their teams and the game they love to watch. Our digital products are built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but embraces it. Our team fosters a collaborative environment with spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking and impromptu group sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas with no fear. That’s how we keep our creative advantage and consistently deliver innovative work.
The UX Architect is part of the NCAA Digital product team that is managing and operating a large portfolio of digital sports products and services that includes NCAA.com, NCAA Sports App and March Madness Live. This role requires versatility to produce elegant and practical solutions that align both fan and business needs. The UX Architect will represent the best interests of the fan while supporting the direction, vision, and methodology for how we create unique and cutting-edge experiences across multiple digital platforms - web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, and emerging media. This role requires partnership with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, design, research, editorial, multimedia, engineering, and program management on a range of UX activities. The role reports to the Sr Director of Product for NCAA Digital.
UX DESIGN/INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE:
- Develop site maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and feature specifications to clearly communicate the expected user action.
- Create and maintain user interface/visual design standards based on industry and platform guidelines.
- Collaborate with internal/external UX, design, and development partners to create the best experience for fans.
- Must maintain expertise on at least 1 platform for best practices and interface guidelines.
- Present work and clearly articulate decisions to internal and external stakeholders including product teams and executives.
- Support and influence a fan-centric product strategy.
sdesign and facilitate workshops, brainstorm sessions, and product design sprints in an effort to inspire innovation, creativity, and avoid group think.
- Distill qualitative and quantitative data into key insights that can help the team make informed product and design decisions.
- Leverage analytics data, user research, and market insights to develop fan personas, experience maps, fan journeys, market-trend analysis, and competitive audits (as needed).
- Represent Turner/NCAA Digital as an advocate for our fan-centric strategic approach both internally and externally.
- Help inform an ongoing learning agenda by identifying key product questions.
- Work with the Research team to develop prototypes or other assets needed for user studies.
- Assist where needed supporting tournament operations.
- Willingness to jump in and help wherever needed when asked to ensure the success of the event.
- A portfolio demonstrating examples of strong concepts, research activities, and designs of user-centered experiences across mobile, web, or connected applications.
- Experience working with Adobe CS and prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision, etc
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in a broad spectrum of user-centered design activities including: interaction design, information architecture, sitemaps, wireframes, user flows, prototypes, usability testing, user research, analytics, mood boards, competitive audits, functional requirements, personas, customer journeys, storyboards, A/B testing, content strategy, and heuristic reviews.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing for multiple platforms: responsive web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, or desktop applications.
- Confident written and verbal communicator: comfortable presenting to peers, executives, and other clients
- Curious: Ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions.
- Analytical: Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Can grasp complex concepts and systems quickly and express them in simple ways.
- Problem solver: Ability to connect research to business goals/priorities to make insights actionable for the organization
- Team player: Highly collaborative, approachable, flexible, and a great listener
- Proactive: A "doer" and a "thinker”. A self-starter who will take ownership of projects, as well as come up with new ideas to support and improve the team.
- Passion for sports is a plus
- Experience conducting research in a laboratory setting, online, and/or in the field, including moderating interviews, participant observation, ethnography and other qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of mobile technologies including: Objective-C, Swift, C#, Java.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS