Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
UX Architect, NCAA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 159153BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The UX Architect is part of the NCAA Digital product team that is managing and operating a large portfolio of digital sports products and services that includes NCAA.com, NCAA Sports App and March Madness Live. This role requires versatility to produce elegant and practical solutions that align both fan and business needs.
What will you be doing?
The UX Architect will represent the best interests of the fan while supporting the direction, vision, and methodology for how we create unique and cutting edge experiences across multiple digital platforms - web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, and emerging media. This role requires partnership with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, design, research, editorial, multimedia, engineering, and program management on a range of UX activities. The role reports to the Director of Product for NCAA Digital.
UX Design and Information Architecture:
- Develop site maps, user flows, sketches, wire frames, prototypes, and feature specifications
- Create interaction models to clearly communicate the expected user action
- Create and maintain user interface/visual design standards based on industry and platform guidelines
- Collaborate with internal/external UX, design, and development partners to create the best experience for fans
- Must maintain expertise on at least 1 platform for best practices and interface guidelines
- Present work and clearly articulate decisions to internal and external stakeholders including product teams and executives
- Support and influence a fan-centric product strategy
- Leverage analytics data, user research, and market insights to develop fan personas, experience maps, fan journeys, market-trend analysis, and competitive audits (as needed)
- Distill qualitative and quantitative data into key insights that can help the team make informed product and design decisions
- Helps design and facilitate workshops, brainstorm sessions, and product design sprints in an effort to inspire innovation, creativity, and avoid group think
- Represent Turner/NBA Digital as an advocate for our fan-centric strategic approach both internally and externally
- Help inform an ongoing learning agenda by identifying key product questions
- Develop prototypes or other assets needed for user studies
- Develop prototypes or other assets needed for user studies
- Assist where needed supporting tournament operations
- Willingness to jump in and help wherever needed when asked to ensure the success of the event
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, UX Researcher, or similar role
- Experience working with Adobe CS and prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision, etc.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in a broad spectrum of user-centered design activities including: interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, usability testing, user research, prototyping, analytics, use cases, sitemaps, wireframes, user flows, content inventories, mood boarding, competitive audits, functional requirements, personas, customer journeys, storyboards, A/B testing, and heuristic reviews
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing for multiple platforms (not just web)
- 3 or more of the following: responsive web, mobile, connected devices, wearables, and desktop applications
- Confident written and verbal communicator: comfortable presenting to peers, executives, and other clients
- Curious: Ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions
- Analytical: Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Can grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
- Problem solver: Ability to connect research to business goals/priorities to make insights actionable for organization
- Team player: Highly collaborative, approachable, flexible, and a great listener
- Proactive: A "doer" and a "thinker. A self-starter who will take ownership of projects, as well as come up with new ideas to support and improve the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines in a "just-in-time" production environment
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Passion for sports is a plus
- A portfolio demonstrating examples of strong concepts, research activities, and/or designs of user-centered experiences across mobile, web, and connected applications
- Experience conducting research in a laboratory setting, online, and/or in the field, including moderating interviews, participant observation, ethnography and other qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of mobile technologies including: Objective-C, Swift, C#, Java
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.