Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
UI Sr Software DeveloperLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160099BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The UI Senior Software Developer is a member of the CNN META Elections team. This provides development necessary to enhance, operate and support CNN's Elections Support Systems. These systems acquire data from external sources, process it & offer it to editorial users, on-air graphics systems and digital products. CNN uses this system to cover large and small elections, every year. The Senior Developer works as a Scrum team member, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Embrace emerging UI technologies
- Integrate with enterprise systems
- Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, develop tooling and have communication needed to ensure modified codebases are releasable
- Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer CNN teams
- Provide technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring junior developers
- Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
- Architectural planning and design
- BS in Computer Science, Software, other Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- Strong working knowledge of JQuery, CSS, and HTML5 ensuring multi-browser capability
- 3+ years' experience developing systems with enterprise class data persistence requirements, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Strong working knowledge of XML/XSL/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
- 3 three years’ experience building medium- to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code / artifacts
- Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required
- Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value
- Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development
- MS degree or higher preferred
- Strong experience in non-procedural programming, or applying functional-style concepts professionally considered a plus
- Strong experience in procedural programming like Java or Scala considered a plus
- 1 year of experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.