You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Turner Studios Finishing ApprenticeLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172124BR Apply Now
We're looking for a creative Finishing Apprentice who is a self-starter and is passionate about editing, color correction and the finishing process (the last stop before hitting air).
- During the first year, the Finishing Apprentice will gain additional core experience; they will develop knowledge of network workflows and network branding; and they will strengthen their skill set in session support (e.g., assist editors in compositing, prepping materials such as dailies, etc.).
- There will also be an extensive focus on the utilization of the Adobe Suite, Resolve, etc.
- The second year of work will center around transferring their new knowledge to train the next candidate, all while continuing to work with editors, building relationships, focusing on editing skills, and elevating skills to the next level.
- Demo reel of current work required.
- Several years of relevant experience, television post-production preferred.
- Strong Premiere and After Effects skills.
- Knowledge of Resolve and Flame a huge plus.
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines.
- Meticulous organization and categorizing skills.
- Ability to prep editing material per an editor's instructions.
- Must be familiar with database management.
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Creative flair for storytelling.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated/ Takes initiative / Intuitive.
- Time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) –
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Turner Brand.
- The Finishing Apprentice needs to be detail oriented, especially when it comes to tasks such as versioning spots and creating endpages.
- File delivery, transfers, and tracking media.
- Prepping and conforming timelines for use by editors.
- Familiarity with AAFs and XMLs.
- Best practices in media management.
- Edit support (e.g., set up and operation of a suite, QC, digitizing, etc.).
- Must have a keen eye towards color correction and attention to detail as this position focuses more on final delivery of assets.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS