Turner Studios Edit Apprentice, TBSLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175747BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are Turner Studios, an in-house production and post-production facility designed to support the WarnerMedia brands and bring the creative ideas to life. For more on who we are and what we do, check out this virtual tour:
The Edit Apprenticeship is a two-year program within Turner Studios where selected candidates are challenged to grow as assistant editors through the development of creative, technical, and soft skills.
This position is designed for knowledgeable craftspeople who have a keen eye and passion for post-production, storytelling, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry. The core focus of this job is to strengthen skilled editing techniques, build relationships with the partners and edit staff, and prepare candidates to climb to the next rung on the ladder. The Edit Apprentice gains essential experience to further develop understanding of the TBS brand and workflows.
As a TBS Edit Apprentice, you will provide editorial support by:
- Organizing and transferring media
- Creating and preparing projects (gathering, organizing, and importing media; creating skeleton sequences; etc.)
- Processing show dailies, pulling selects, and creating clip reels
- Creating temporary graphics
- Prepping projects for color and audio
- Creating and cutting content for TBS
- Previous experience with the fundamentals of assistant editing in a commercial or broadcast environment
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes, including asset and project management
- Experienced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Familiar with asset and project management software
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of the TBS brand
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS