You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Turner Studios - Digital Media Specialist ApprenticeLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175509BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout WarnerMedia to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for WarnerMedia brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to WarnerMedia.
A Digital Media Specialist Apprentice is an entry level position within Turner Studios geared towards building upon the foundations of a career in post-production and asset management.
This position is designed for craftspeople and technically minded persons who have a passion for post-production, asset-management, media workflows, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
The DMS Apprenticeship is a two-year program where selected candidates grow through development of technical knowledge, relationship building across the production and post-production pipeline, and climbing to the next rung on the ladder.
The Apprentice needs to have previous experience with the fundamentals post-production, such as general media workflows, preparing media for edit sessions, and preparing assets for delivery and archive. The core focus of this job is to strengthen technical support skills, including asset and project management, while gaining essential experience to further develop understanding of network branding and workflows.
As a DMS Apprentice, you will provide media support by:
- Organizing, transcoding, and transferring media for editorial sessions (e.g. films, episodes, and dailies to and from library, shoot footage, etc.)
- Ingesting media into project and asset management systems complete with metadata tagging
- Communicating with network and editorial partners around their media needs
- Organizing, pemissioning, and managing assets inside our asset management systems
- Archiving and retrieving content per the needs of edit, audio, and design/VFX teams
- Some experienced in Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects
- Very familiar with asset and project management processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Thorough understanding of media workflows, file transcoding, and post-production processes
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative
- Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of the WarnerMedia brand
- Previous post-production television experience preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS