Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Motion Design Sports Social Apprentice - Turner StudiosLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 162081BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content.We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Here's the pitch:
1. You come to work
2. You help our sports social team design cool things
3. You have some fun in the process
4. Oh yeah, we pay you for that!
5. Got bad teeth or a hammer toe? The gig comes with benefits!!
Now the "official" pitch:
- The Turner Studios Apprenticeship program is a two-year program geared to grow young talent who dream of being storytellers and have a passion to pursue a career as a Motion Designer.
- Candidates should have knowledge or/and experience with the foundations of design essentials such as creative thinking, an understanding of color and motion theory, typography, interpersonal communication and organizational skills, graphic design and layout, organized file management, and Adobe Suite knowledge.
- In the first year the Motion Design Apprentice (Sports Social) will develop core essentials experience, plus gain knowledge of social workflows, understand sports branding, work towards building their skill set and provide graphic session support for the Sports Social team.
- There will be an extensive focus on the utilization of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- The second year will consist of continuing to work with producers and designers, building relationships, focusing on design skills, and elevation to the next skill level.
What do we require from you?
- Demo reel of current work required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, television post-production preferred
- Strong After Effects skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines
- Editing and compositing skills a plus
- Must be familiar with database management
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes
- Meticulous organization and categorizing skills
- Creative flair for storytelling
- Knowledge of Maya, C4D, Nuke, Resolve a huge plus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Self-motivated/ Takes initiative / Intuitive
- Time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prep graphic material per producer/designer instructions
- Knowledge and appreciation of Turner Sports and sports in general a plus