You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2020 Intern - [CNN Digital] Software DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175036BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
CNN Digital develops products for our global audience via CNN.com that empower our editorial counterparts to tell the story and display rich media to inform the public on important news subjects. The teams work cross functionally (Product, Design, Project, and Technology) and go after exciting new products to engage our audiences and support the CNN brand.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and products that we are exploring to enhance the experience on CNN.com
Specific responsibilities vary by project. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in agile ceremonies including planning sessions, scrum and retrospects.
- Work with product, design and technology teams to brainstorm new ideas and products.
- Application development for prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Work with other software developers and receive code reviews.
- Exposure to developing with React / NodeJS / API’s
- WebGL, D3.js and 3D Web development
- GraphQL and data modeling
- Machine Learning
- Build and deployment pipelines – CI/CD
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- Work well with others, this opportunity will be in collaboration with our cross-functional teams at CNN.
- Keep an open mind! We are going to be exploring new ideas and technology!
- Front-end Web development skills (HTML, CSS, SASS)
- Knowledge of Git, Github and the Git branching model
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS