You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2020 Intern - Business AnalystLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175037BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The WMTO Strategic Planning team focuses on fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide WarnerMedia's technology strategy by providing insights and analysis on how the organization is doing against priorities and future opportunities. The team's goals are to effectively articulate not only where the organization is going, and the actions needed to make progress, but to also provide metrics and key performance indicators on how we are doing against those goals.
What will you be doing?
The Strategic Planning Analyst Intern role in Technology Business Analysis & Reporting is part of Strategic Planning & Executive Program Management team responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring critical business processes across WarnerMedia Global Technology & Operations (WMGTO) gathering inputs and performing a broad range of research and analysis
- Develop communication skills to craft and deliver the appropriate messages to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, driving for valued strategic business partner status
- Develop an understanding of the major technology initiatives at WarnerMedia, and the technology and media market trends in the industry
- Understand and be able to explain and defend the rationale for major technology initiatives articulated in the Executive Technology Roadmap.
- Stay aligned and collect frequent updates to be added to the executive technology roadmap for assigned technology units.
- Working with program managers and tech leadership - articulate technology capabilities that are generated from the executive technology roadmap.
- Cooperate across divisions of the Strategy & Business Operations group to articulate and publish the executive technology roadmap on a regular basis.
- Identify core risks and dependencies within and between workstreams throughout the roadmap.
- On a project basis, accurately and clearly articulate strategic issues and provide relevant, logical options for solving them.
- Identify the pros and cons for each option and also performing economic and strategic impacts for each option.
- Identify key issues related to a subject and then prioritize the importance of those issues.
- Articulate in writing and mathematically, the potential impact each issue has to Warner Media overall and the technology organization (strategically and economically).
- Create simple, accurate financial models in for pro forma forecasting. These models must have complete and clear list of assumptions and be structured with a flexible and accessible set of primary inputs to allow for complex sensitivity testing. Models must be produced quickly and accurately - and in such a manner that a co-worker could easily, correctly and clearly take over the management of the model
- Among the analytical techniques the director will be expected to perform will be:
- Perform market assessments of industries, new technologies and geographic regions.
- Creative extrapolation to estimate unknown data-points
- Outline competitive strengths and weaknesses for identified opportunities.
- Perform benchmarking of key success factors for comparables across a wide range of industries.
- Gather key data points from primary and secondary sources.
- Perform trend analysis and correlation assessments of data.
- Developed financial and analytical skills; strong knowledge of excel and related tools (Power BI/
- Strategic and critical thinking skills, and an ability to assist managers with execution
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness
- Team player and self-starter with interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude and an ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple project concurrently
- Ability to ‘direct’ analysts
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong leadership potential
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS