You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2020 Intern - Big Data EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175270BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer Intern interested in data engineering and analytics using large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured datasets. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that are tasked with making sense of the vast resource of data in the Warner Media infrastructure. In addition, as an intern, you will gain practical experience and gain new skills as a result of working in our world class media organization.
Big Data engineering at Warner Media involves one or more of the following:
- Designing, implementing, and improving data models, data pipelines, and metadata extractors
- Analyzing AWS Cloudwatch or other logs, for example, to optimize resource utilization
- Implementing statistical measurement for A/B testing
- Students enrolled in a program for computer science, information technology, analytics, math, statistics, or a related field
- Solid grasp of programming languages (particularly Python), various operating systems (Linux, Mac, Windows), and some familiarity with public cloud platforms
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, along with curiosity, creativity, and ability to communicate
- Passion for seeing projects through from initial conception to eventual application
- Empirical, detail-oriented mindset
- Sense of ownership of her/his work, working well both independently and within a small collaborative team
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS