You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2019 Intern - DevOps/Automation DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168869BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Check it out atwww.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner!Discover more at turner.com/tech-interns and follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV, and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists ( what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
Business Systems and Technologies teammanages the application portfolio that supports and aides the Turner’s Brand experience division's business needs such as employee engagement, content management and communications.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, Test and Support DevOps for Turner Brand Experience Team Product Portfolio across multiple platforms.
- Analyze and present processes and code for automating the DevOps pipeline.
- Drive usability testing, measure and report results and define areas for constant enhancement and optimization for the end-to-end user experience.
- Validate new product enhancements to ensure it aligns with product requirements and usability goals
What do we require from you?
- Collegiate student who is majoring in Computer Science, Business, or Information Systems
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized, and astute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective relationships with customers and internal teams
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, documentation and processes
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and adjusts priorities
- Submit weekly progress reports
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 21, 2019 – August 2, 2019. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS