You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2019 Intern - [CNN Digital] Software DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167636BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Check it out atwww.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner!Discover more at turner.com/tech-interns and follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV, and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists ( what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
CNN Digital developsproductsfor our global audience via CNN.com that empower our editorial counterparts to tell the story and display rich media to inform the public on important news subjects. The teams work cross functionally (Product, Design, Project, and Technology)and go after exciting new products to engage our audiences and support the CNN brand.
What will you be doing?
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and products that we are exploring to enhance the experience on CNN.com
Specific responsibilities vary by project. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate in agile ceremonies including planning sessions, scrum and .
- Work with product, design and technology teams to brainstorm new ideas and products.
- Application development for prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Work with other software developers and receive code reviews.
Some of the learning opportunities may include:
- Exposure to developing with React / NodeJS / API’s
- WebGL, D3.js and 3D Web development
- GraphQL and data modeling
- Machine Learning
- Build and deployment pipelines – CI/CD
What do we require from you?
- Must be currently enrolled in a or Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
- Work well with others, this opportunity will be in collaboration with our cross-functional teams at CNN.
- Keep an open mind! We are going to be exploring new ideas and technology!
- Front-end Web development skills (HTML, CSS, SASS)
- Knowledge of Git, and the Git branching model
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 21, 2019 – August 2, 2019. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS