You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Technology Summer 2019 Intern - BIT Client SupportLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167252BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Check it out atwww.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner!Discover more at turner.com/tech-interns and follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The Global Technology & Operations Division is where all aspects of Turner’s linear and digital technologies and resources reside.
We are Re-Imagining TV, and the result will be the ability to adapt to new business models—whether it’s direct-to-consumer, ad-supported, or transactional—we’ll have the infrastructure to support each. Most importantly, we’ll strengthen our ability to enable new consumer capabilities. Personalized networks, video-on-demand playlists ( what Spotify does for music) and content discovery/playback with social media are a few of the capabilities we have or are building. – Jeremy Legg, Turner’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Production Support Team:
- Serves as a Tier 2/3 team for client support for locations including: CNN Center, Techwood campus.
- Full interface with a wide variety of customers in a 24x7X365 fast paced environment. Frequent communication with the customer regarding needs and status of incidents and services requests.
- Perform deployment, repairs and preventative maintenance of workplace technology. This includes desktops, laptops, printers and mobile devices.
- Service and operation of broadcast equipment and related peripherals.
- Provisioning, support and maintenance of Polycom and Cisco audio visual equipment.
- Installing, troubleshooting and repairing telephone equipment (AVAYA System).
- Project support and integration of new technologies including systems, software, automation and equipment.
What will you be doing?
This position is responsible for responding to and resolving client technology Incident and Service requests in a 24X7X365 news and/or entertainment production environment. In this role you will provide onsite and remote problem analysis and resolution for all end users workplace technology hardware /software /networks. Persons eligible for this position should possess superior troubleshooting capabilities and outstanding customer service and support skills. Candidate must be familiar with the network and support infrastructure of our broadcast and computing environment, experience in installing/deploying and configuring all types of personal computing devices, maintaining and supporting audio & video equipment in conference rooms/offices/common spaces, provide phone support, deskside support and supporting other peripherals devices.
Additional responsibilities include deploying new technology, performing system integration testing of hardware/software upgrades, identify, diagnose, and resolve problems, set up and install audio & video equipment in support of events and other business functions such as meetings, presentations, etc. Individuals in this role are also responsible for assessing, improving, and documenting workflow processes, working with other support teams and vendors to resolve complex issues. This position operates in a highly independent fashion, requiring candidates to operate with little supervision. Practical solutions must be found and implemented immediately in order to maintain client functionality.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum Associate’sdegree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Electronic repair/troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard networking protocols, computing operating systems (Mac & Windows), & LAN/WAN topology. In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard business applications
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to excel working on their own as well as in a team environment
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated with a passion for technology and learning
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 21, 2019 – August 2, 2019. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS