Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical ManagerLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 156749BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
- Provide technical leadership in support of CNN web products
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production.
- This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
What will you be doing?
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
- Provide management oversight to Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product and Editorial teams
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture
- Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities
- Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions
- Drive for strategy and technology planning
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains
- Mentoring Actively mentor applications development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives
- Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming technical initiatives
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.