Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172963BR Apply Now
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
This is an exciting position for a leading global animation content provider.
- The Technical Manager ensures technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring as well as direct management of 5-10 developers.
- The Technical Manager partners with other technologists, Product and Project Management to deliver on product initiatives and operational execution.
- The Technical Manager offers expert recommendations for tools, strategies, best practices and software lifecycle processes and solutions to help create, enable and support delivery of solutions.
- The Technical Manager also performs hands-on development and troubleshooting as needed.
- Technical leadership - Provide technical leadership in support of Cartoon Network App products, which includes our desktop, mobile and/or video applications.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams.
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs.
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established Cartoon Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
- Provide management oversight to Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals.
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product and Editorial teams.
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture.
- Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities.
- Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
- Drive for strategy and technology planning.
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains.
- Mentoring - Actively mentor applications development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming technical initiatives.
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise.
- More than 1 year directly managing a team of development resources.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform software developer role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom applications across the development life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and translating product requirements into technical designs.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of installed application delivery.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of n-tier and microservices-based software development.
- Experience performing troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and delivery of solutions for large-scale web sites.
- Experience integrating third party services and components on a consumer-facing web site.
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS