Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171513BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Digital - We are CNN. THE WORLD'S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us! See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is hiring a Technical Manager on our Core News on Web team! We are expanding our technical teams and are looking for leadership to support the developers on the team and partner with our cross-functional (xF) Product, Delivery and Design leads. The Technical Manager will lead the team toward future initiatives at CNN, such as Storytelling, Data Integrations and Elections 2020!
- Manage a team of developers directly (5+ developers) and provide technical guidance to individuals and other peers
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth of direct reports
- Work with cross functional team(s) and provide technical guidance in alignment with engineering standards defined by technical leadership
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
- Conducting interviews, hiring and onboarding new developers
- Manage on-call schedules and weekly check-ins with global support team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred
- 2+ years directly managing or leading a team(s) of developers
- Good soft skills
- Has proven mentoring and growing others in career
- Cross Functional team exposure - has worked previously with Product, Design, QA and Delivery leads
- Cloud Technology, AWS, Docker and CI/CD experience
- Full Stack development experience
- Can help onboard and provide support to developers as they learn in their career
- Has experience interviewing and hiring for technology professionals
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS