Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170477BR Apply Now
We are part of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it’s like to work here! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
[adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans whenever and where ever they want it.
The Technical Manager is a major contributor to the success of Warner Media initiatives on the MSS Video Platform Services Team. This role is heavily focused on team leadership, system architecture, design and implementation aspects of Content Delivery Networks, including Live, Video On Demand and Site Delivery. They will lead a team of engineers through architecture, design and operation of applications across various organizations within Warner Media with an emphasis on site reliability, availability and scalability. The Technical Manager is responsible for platform configuration, capacity planning, monitoring, alert configuration and Tier 2 incident response. They will collaborate closely with development teams and technical teams to provide resilient solutions to achieve business goals. The team Solutions can consist of software and services, commercial software, services and systems as well as open source software.
- Create system design/architecture to fulfill project requirements.
- Work with other team members including developers, project managers and product managers on the requirements, design and implementation of various systems.
- Review architectures and operational characteristics of existing systems within the organization and propose changes/rewrites to improve system performance and reliability.
- Establish operating criteria for proposed systems.
- Selection of technology for project implementation
- Creation of system architecture documentation including: design documents, executive summaries and operational guides.
- Manage a group of senior and junior engineers.
- 5+ years of experience managing/leading a development and/or operations team.
- Extensive experience with cloud-based software system architectures.
- Must have experience with various Content Delivery Networks (Akamai, Centurylink, Fastly, Limelight).
- Must have experience with operational support of internet delivered products.
- Must have experience with various performance monitors and have the ability to diagnose operation issues.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and HTTP.
- Intermediate skills in a shell programming language such as: bsh, ksh, zsh, powershell, etc.
- Intermediate skills in one or more common, cross-platform programming languages such as: Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting web application issues using commonly available tools such as: FireBug, Charles Proxy, Chrome Developer Tools, curl, etc.
- Proficient in use of one or more popular centralized or distributed (preferred) source control tools and services such as: Git, Github, Mercurial, Bitbucket, Perforce, SVN, CVS, etc.
- A background in Media and Entertainment is a major plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS