Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical Manager - CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 166249BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This is an exciting position for a leading global news provider. The Technical Manager ensures technical execution, planning, advice, support, and mentoring as well as direct management of 5-10 developers. The Technical Manager partners with other technologists, Product and Project Management to deliver on product initiatives and operational execution. The Technical Manager offers expert recommendations for tools, strategies, best practices and software lifecycle processes and solutions to help create, enable and support delivery of solutions. The Technical Manager also performs hands-on development and troubleshooting as needed.
- Provide technical leadership in support of CNN App products, which includes our mobile and/or video applications.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production. This entails working across distributed and matrixed teams.
- Mentor, guide, coach, coordinate training opportunities and support individual growth and technical skills across the development teams
- Provide thought leadership and facilitate the sharing of knowledge between employees and across teams to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
- Provide management oversight to Lead Developers and other senior IT professionals
- Strong collaboration and partnership with Product and Editorial teams
- Provide leadership in support of organizational direction and culture. Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities. Manage employee performance or discipline issues and work with director to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
- Drive for strategy and technology planning
- Continually identify and implement cost and productivity gains. Mentoring
- Actively mentor applications development professionals to increase technical and soft skill levels in support of partner's and organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct information-sharing sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming technical initiatives.
- Direct the work of others as requested, providing guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
- More than 5 years development experience in mobile or video technologies including Java, Android, Objective C, Swift or C++.
- More than 1 year directly managing a team of development resources
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS