Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical LeadLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171516BR Apply Now
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN is hiring a Technical Lead for one of the delivery teams on Core News on Web. We are in need of an individual with a strong technical background to support the developers on the team and partner with our cross-functional (xF) Product, Delivery and Design leads. The Technical Lead will advise on technical solutions and help lead the team towards new features on CNN.com.
- Provide Technical guidance to a team of developers and provide technical recommendations to other leads on the team.
- Mentor, guide, coach other members on the team.
- Work with the other Core News cross-functional team leads to work through larger obstacles and integrations.
- Leads technical execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as providing operational support for solutions in production.
- Enable continuous learning environment to keep abreast of industry trends.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement.
- Help conduct interviews and onboard new developers onto the team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
- Good soft skills.
- Has proven record of leading others in professional career.
- Cross Functional team exposure - has worked previously with Product, Design, QA and Delivery leads.
- Cloud Technology, AWS, Docker and CI/CD experience.
- Full Stack development experience.
- Can help onboard and provide support to developers as they learn in their career.
- Has experience interviewing and hiring for technology professionals.
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS