Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Technical LeadLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167779BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Technical Lead is responsible for the architectural design, build, stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the large-scale digital operations platforms for the Turner Data Cloud (TDC) Data Platforms team that support Turner's News, Sports, and Entertainment websites. The Senior Engineer must possess very strong technical and problem-solving skills. Candidates must possess the ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines, prioritize projects, and maintain focus in the face of sudden-onset technical issues and breaking news situations. The individual must have a positive attitude, strong leadership and collaboration skills, a passion for lean process and agile methodology, and should be an innovative, creative, quick-thinking fast learner and team player with a strong customer-service focus.
- At least 5 years of hand-on experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, ECS, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience in Virtualization and Infrastructure-as-Code Cloud environments
- Knowledge in virtual infrastructure design, resource planning, security and encryption/decryption
- Knowledge of Network Attached Storage devices
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Experienced in Python, SQL, Linux/Unix administration & shell scripting Hands on experience with configuration tools like Salt/puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Experienced writing scripts to automate operations and server management
- Knowledge in source control tools GITHUB or SVN Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS