Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Tech Spring 2018 - TDC Consumer Analytics Data Scientist InternLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161402BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
Turner Data Cloud, Consumer Analytics Team develops and executes consumer level analytical solutions enabled by Turner Data Cloud data. Consumer Analytics team partners with TURNER’s brands and businesses to leverage Turner’s data assets to create modeling solutions for audience targeting, experience personalization and subscription management.
What will you be doing?
- Creating consumer audience models to drive advertising sales
- Developing predictive modeling solutions to target audiences interested in TURNER programming and product adoption
- Mining extensive TDC database to craft consumer profiles that inform brand marketing decisions
- Interpreting data, analyze results using statistical techniques
- Building reports and dashboards
- Performing ad hoc analyses and data extraction requests
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics or closely related field.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights, and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in one or more of the following: R, Python, Scala, SQL, Hive
- Basic understanding of statistical and data mining concepts and procedures including: regression, machine learning algorithms, and experimental design
- Ability to quickly absorb and synthesize business strategies & processes
- Must be available to work up to 20 hours a week
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are January 16, 2018 – May 4, 2018. All interns are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.