You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Tech Military Intern - Operations EngineerLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160595BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN Operations Engineer is an entry level broadcast engineering position located in Atlanta. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity with a broadcast industry icon that provides career advancement opportunities within the CNN News groups as well as the Turner Broadcasting Entertainment Divisions. This job has three areas of responsibilities.
- Quality Control
- Commercial Video Server Maintenance
- BIT (Broadcast Information Technology) Shop Assignments
In Quality Control the Operations Engineer ensures the highest possible quality of all global incoming and outgoing video/audio signals. This is accomplished by:
- Measuring and correcting all Video and Audio levels using Vector Scopes, Waveform Monitors and Proc Amps
- Working with multi-format SD/HD signals ensuring proper aspect ratio
- Coordinating with all control rooms and bureaus to view/adjust incoming live shots for all networks
- Coordinating with the Media Operations Coordinators to adjust video/audio levels on live shots and incoming feeds
- Setting up “Beeper Phone” line calls
- Monitoring all Networks main outgoing satellite transmissions for proper video/audio quality
The Operation Engineer must coordinate with the Sales, Traffic, and Promotions departments to ensure that all commercial server content is both technically and editorially correct. This is accomplished by:
- Ingesting and quality controlling (Video, Audio & all technical aspects) of all commercials, promotions, interstitial material and public service announcements for broadcast for all news networks into servers
- Purging dated material within the system
- Creating discrepancy reports and documentation of all issues with material that was not acceptable for broadcast
- Media Database management of all material within the commercial server systems
The Operations Engineer will be assigned to the shops to perform the following:
- Answering/assisting BIT Engineers with service requests
- Assisting the BIT Engineers with the installation of new equipment and systems
- Assisting the BIT Engineers with the troubleshooting of equipment and systems
- Executing project assignments under BIT Engineer supervision
- Veteran or military personnel who are transitioning out of military
- Minimum Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering and/or Information Technology, Computer Science
- Electronic repair/troubleshooting experience
- IT networking and system administration experience
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Java, C++, Net+, HTML, SQL, Linux/UNIX
- Self-motivated with a passion for technology and learning
- This job is a shift work position with periodic shift rotation
and paid competitively based on location. Housing is provided to candidates outside of the metro Atlanta area. Participation in
the internship program is reserved for veterans or military personnel who are transitioning out of military.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS