Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
T3 Trainee - Sports ResearchLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170683BR Apply Now
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The T3 internship in Sports Research is a unique opportunity to work with some of the biggest sports brands in the world! Using data and personal knowledge about sports, this role will support the creation of research tactics, insights and storylines surrounding sports programming and sports consumers.
This is an opportunity to learn about consumer attitudes and behavior and to help generate knowledge points on emerging sports and new content platforms. The T3 will have the opportunity to work with colleagues on all levels in the areas we support including marketing, programming, PR and digital products.
If you are interested in blending and building your passion and knowledge of sports with an analytical approach to business questions this will be an exciting opportunity for you!
- Coordinating with Programming and the NY Research team to input program schedules and other critical information into the MY Events database
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data from primary and secondary sources for daily and ad hoc reporting
- Using software applications (such as: Nielsen, myEVNTS, Arianna, MRI, Star Media, etc.) to extract information and insights on programs and consumers
- Creating presentations and other documents for data visualization
- Contributing sports knowledge and analytical expertise during department meetings and strategy sessions
- This position reports to the Senior Manager, Turner Sports Marketing and Programming Research
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 6 months to 2 years of work experience or a relevant internship is preferred
- Ability to master new software and technology
- Must have strong math skills
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Nielsen software is a plus
- Previous experience in Programming or Ad Sales Research is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in sports is a must
- The Turner Trainee Team (T3) program is designed for recent college graduates who have a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
- Trainees will be selected to receive a hands-on learning experience for 11 months in Turner's leading divisions.
- All T3's must be no more than 2 years post-graduation from an accredited university.
- This program is paid, with benefits.
- Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS