Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Systems/Software Developer IILocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170694BR Apply Now
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia delivers brands like HBO, CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe.https://www.warnermediagroup.com/
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us onInstagram, Twitterand Facebook
With teams in New York and Atlanta, the WarnerMedia Media Supply Chain (MSC) organization builds and maintains mission-critical video content supply chain systems for WarnerMedia's broadcast networks and Direct-To-Consumer services. Sample deliverables for the MSC organization include systems that handle ingest of content received from distributors/studios, automation of transcoding to/from various video formats, automation of quality control, automation of workflows for content customization (edit), and the implementation/maintenance of a master video library for all of the networks' content. We are building the next generation of these solutions, and in doing so, we are moving from on-premises systems to an Amazon (AWS) cloud-based architecture that leverages lambda, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, DynamoDB and other AWS capabilities.
- Integrate with enterprise systems
- Developing software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, develop tooling and have communication needed to ensure modified codebases are releasable
- Providing third tier support for production issues and working with other peer WarnerMedia Media Supply Chain teams
- Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement
- Architectural planning and design
- BS in Computer Science, Software or other Engineering or related field; or relevant experience
- Two years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- One year or more of Java/Spring (Boot), Scala/Akka/Play, or Ruby/Rails experience, or a mix of similar modern programming languages, e.g. C#/.net, Go, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- Demonstrate support for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value
- Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development
- Working knowledge of XML/XSL/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
- Previous involvement in building medium to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts
- Experience in non-procedural programming, or applying functional-style concepts professionally considered a plus
- Experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
- Experience developing systems with enterprise, commercial relational databases, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools is a plus
- Candidates capable of demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts and tools not limited to JMS messaging, or video coding
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS