Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Systems Engineer IILocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 157692BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
- Systems Engineers design, build, configure, maintain, analyze, monitor, and improve information technology systems.
- They translate business requirements into functional requirements and specifications, producing systems that meet business needs through the assembly of existing hardware and software components and the creation of new integrations and automation code.
- They frequently work with: software developers, who focus on code authoring; systems architects, who focus on large scale system relationships; business analysists, who gather business requirements; and vendors, who create many of the components Systems Engineers use.
- Systems Engineers are expected to produce novel solutions to problems, not merely to execute procedures developed by others.
What do we require from you?
- 3-5 years systems administration experience
- 2-4 years automating IT tasks in a common language
- 2+ years working with specific products in the team's tech stack (will vary by job; examples: VMware, Cisco networking, Telestream transcoders, IBM WebSphere)
- General knowledge of the team's entire tech stack (ability to resolve most problems with minimal help)
- Analytical thinking skills, esp. around complex systems troubleshooting
- Team player approach; collaborative
- Any software development experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience with Business Analyst or Project Manager functions: requirements gathering, dependency mapping, etc.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a relevant topic: computing, engineering, media
- Certifications applicable to the specific job; examples: RedHat, Cisco, VMware, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.