Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Systems Engineer, CDNLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170807BR Apply Now
We are part of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us onInstagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Systems Engineer works as part of a team responsible for planning and executing the integration of internet-based products and services in an efficient, secure, scalable, reliable and cost-effective manner. The CDN Services team is responsible for the operational support of various Warner Media Brand internet properties. The team collaborates closely with development teams and technical teams to provide resilient solutions to achieve business goals. Solutions can consist of software and services, commercial software, services and systems as well as open source software. The team is also responsible for platform configuration, capacity planning, monitoring, alert configuration and Tier 2 incident response.
- Incident Response: execute day to day maintenance tasks including problem determination and resolution, as well as root-cause analysis and responsibility responding to live site issues.
- Automation/Tooling: author, maintain and document custom tools and programs that reduce the number of manual processes necessary for daily operational support.
- Documentation: provide and maintain documentation of systems architecture, troubleshooting and support guidelines, system metrics, project information and plans.
- Product Testing: provides support for integration testing, system testing, and load/performance testing prior to final release of new and upgraded products and services.
- Configuration Management: author, deploy, and maintain system, web site and application configuration management code and configuration.
- Solutions Consultation: collaborate with business unit to provide solutions for new products or product enhancements that may alter performance and availability of products, services or infrastructure components.
- 2 years of experience providing operational support of internet delivered products Intermediate skills in a shell programming language such as: bsh, ksh, zsh, powershell, etc.
- Intermediate skills in one or more common, cross-platform programming languages such as: Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting web application issues using commonly available tools such as: FireBug, Charles Proxy, Chrome Developer Tools, curl, etc.
- Intermediate skills managing one or more application layer load balancing and caching solutions such as: F5 Big-IP, NetScaler, HAProxy, Varnish, Apache Traffic Server, memcached, etc.
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting one or more web server platforms such as: Apache Tomcat, Oracle GlassFish, Apache Geronimo, Red Hat JBoss, nginx, Apache HTTPD Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, etc.
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring, tuning and supporting Java web applications
- Proficient in use of one or more popular centralized or distributed (preferred) source control tools and services such as: Git, Github, Mercurial, Bitbucket, Perforce, SVN, CVS, etc.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS