Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Supervisor, Content OperationsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175855BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The New Media Operations Supervisor is responsible for the staff and processes related to processing and delivering of video on demand, TV everywhere, electronic sell through and subscription video on demand content to Warner Media distribution platforms and partners.
- Key focuses include asset management and tracking, collaborating with co-supervisor, sr. manager, director, engineers and developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues, identify and implement process improvements. Emphasis is on client service, teamwork, cooperation, flexibility, innovation and support of the goals and values of Warner Media.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and set positive examples for staff members
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to employees who may not report directly to you
- Work cohesively with co-supervisor, manager, director, staff and other internal and external clients/ vendors and partner groups to execute Brand strategy and resolve problems.
- Provide coordination and delegation of daily work assignments and is empowered to make decisions to resolve issues as they arise.
- Supervise staff across 3 shifts as they rotate through the daily work positions.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment through partnership with engineering and application development teams and planning the workflows associated with digital asset delivery.
- Interface with North American Tech Ops leadership, engineering, Warner Media Brand points of contact.
- Communicate with Brand clients, partners and vendors to resolve any issues identified.
- Actively participate in developing positive employee relations.
- Support the budgetary process and manage staffing needs to include attendance issues.
- Assist with other leadership responsibilities such as hiring and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for scheduling staff using the ScheduAll Weekly Inner Schedule application; providing schedules at least two weeks out.
- Confirm that all assets are on track to be delivered by their flight start date.
- Ensure manual QC of content prior to delivery when automated QC is not in place
- Ensure video files, and other materials have been delivered to various EST/SVOD clients in partnership with the MSO group at Hudson Yards NY, and in accordance with vendor specifications.
- Track and ensure on-time delivery of high priority content and communicate issues to management team, clients, partners and vendors.
- Monitor delivery alerts; research and ensure issues are being addressed and if assets have or will miss their start date, the concern has been escalated to the appropriate group(s) and communicated to management team.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding content or deliveries in a timely manner prior to the end of shift.
- Manage the NATO ticketing portal and delegate/assign tasks to the team; ensuring all new and open tickets have been assigned and in the process of completion, and all completed tickets have been closed.
- Ensure tickets and other assignments are completed on time.
- Lead and/or attend meetings as specified by the sr. manager
- Ensure technical/equipment issues are reported in a timely manner and provide updates to clients, partners and leadership when warranted.
- Coach, mentor and train staff across 3 shifts.
- Write and participate in employee reviews.
- Provide scheduling and shift backfill when necessary.
- Working with NMO management team and Human Resources, provide staff coaching and progressive discipline when applicable.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all SOPs as well as familiarity with company policy and procedures.
- Provide team with workflow updates and solicit their feedback on future areas for improvement.
- Participate in the development of new workflow processes and procedures.
- Consistently check in with staff and update regularly about workflow processes and changes and solicit their feedback.
- Ensure completion of daily tasks.
- Serves as liaison with engineering. Troubleshoot and identify equipment issues and concerns with follow-through on resolution.
- Provide direction and prioritization for development efforts of new software and applications.
- Manage material and media in the archive systems and drives.
- Participate in training staff on new equipment and processes and seek to identify ways of streamlining a more efficient operation.
- Document procedures, develop and writes Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
- Resolve all tickets regarding content delivery and content delivery issues.
- Report and track all tickets for equipment and application issues.
- Minimum 3 yr. experience in an operations or similar digital media/asset delivery environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience team leading or supervising people.
- Knowledge of nonlinear video formats, file transfer processes and applications, editing in Adobe Premiere, database workflow.
- Familiar with compression tools and formats
- Knowledge of cloud computing, metadata, XML, video/audio signal components, VOD/SVOD/EST.
- Familiarity with transcoding engines, workflow tools, and transfer agents (Aspera, Filezilla, ftp, etc)
- Experience managing personnel, projects and deliverables in a matrixed environment is desired.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS