CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2020 Intern - CNN Digital DesignLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175709BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Every 2 weeks fellows will have a deliverable to execute; from immersive Interactive Pages to a viral-worthy social graphic, each fellow will incorporate the feedback given by CNN editors, writers, designers, directors and team leads across the globe.
Each fellow's primary points of contact will be in Atlanta but do expect an experience that is reflective of a global news network.
Fellows will be tasked with keeping track of each deliverable they complete, and the end of the fellowship will be invited to present their body of work to the larger CNN Digital team.
From Ideation to Creation: Editorial Production
- Concept generation, storyboards, production and layout
- Learn how to pitch and design visual stories with CNN Producers + Designers
- Create buzzworthy editorial and conceptual design work to pitch for a news story
- Understand creation a social graphic that will go viral and generate buzz
- Longform storytelling: how to use rich media elements, add motion and sound to create an immersive storytelling experience
- Create data visualizations and infographics, gain understanding of how to read and understand data stories
- Understand basic coding to give interactives life
- Hands-on experience with a web content management system
- Project Management in News Environments
- Working with a Global Network
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 1 Year of Design Experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a must
- Knowledge of Sketch and After Effects desired but not required
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS