You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2019 Intern- NBA Digital UXLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167174BR Apply Now
Turner Sports is the team that delivers sports broadcasts to the Turner networks like TBS, TNT and truTV. We are also responsible for operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, ELEAGUE.com and PGA.com. If you haven’t seen our newest venture, b/r Live check it out!
NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products and process. You will be part of the NBA Digital product team that is managing and operating a large portfolio of digital sports products and services for the National Basketball Association (NBA) including NBA League Pass and NBA TV.
At NBA Digital you'll get to:
- Work on projects that impact the business. You'll gain real world, "in-the-trenches" exposure to how digital sports products are designed, the business and fan challenges to be solved, with the opportunity to learn about every stage of the product lifecycle from product definition to delivery.
- Contribute to design thinking at the company, resulting in tangible improvements across our portfolio of products, our process, as well as to how we approach and solve customer problems. (Learn how to conduct product design sprints!)
- Contribute to the betterment of the NBA Digital fan experience, whether that be improving the live video experience, working on expanding our design system, or a number of other projects we have in the works.
- Partner with UX team, product managers, product designers, engineers, and content team to define, ideate, and iterate design solutions.
- Collaborate with our UX Research team to validate and test new ideas that become great fan experiences.
- Create stuff that illustrates solutions including wireframes, user flows, and prototypes.
- Support creation and expansion of our new design system.
- Listen, learn, ask good questions. We encourage interns to take the initiative to solicit feedback, connect with people outside their group, and ask lots of questions.
Sound like you? Then you're someone we want to work with.
- Working towards an Undergraduate or Master's degree in the area of User Experience, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related field with a focus on design or research.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Able to clearly present your work and rationale to a variety of teammates and partners.
- Self-motivated and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Able to give and receive design feedback.
- Able to produce results independently as well as part of a team.
- An online design portfolio that demonstrates your process.
- Familiar with a design tool such as Sketch, Adobe CS, Axure, etc.
- Can prototype your ideas with paper, clicks, or code using tools like InVision, etc.
- You are: a team player, curious, proactive, adaptable, collaborative, and empathetic (of fans and colleagues).
- You're passionate about sports (doesn't have to be basketball)
- Be mentored by experienced and passionate UX Architects, product designers, researchers, and other team members.
- Network with talented people across Turner brands.
- Come to work every day at our beautiful midtown Atlanta campus, complete with outdoor workspace, delicious market, fitness center, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, and awesome on-campus special events to learn and connect.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS