CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2019 Intern - CNN Newsource OperationsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167421BR Apply Now
CNN Newsource is the premiere affiliate news service with more than 1000 local news affiliates and digital clients. From breaking news content across the world, to trending stories for digital sites and mobile platforms, to comprehensive live coverage, to story/package production, to archive footage for productions, CNN Newsource provides the content affiliates need.
An intern at CNN Newsource will participate in the following aspects of the department:
- Gathering and publishing day-of news content, both nationally and regionally
- Writing scripts for broadcast news programming
- Creating original packages for affiliate newscasts and websites
- Curating and clearing images for wire articles
- Gathering regional news stories and content from and for affiliates
- Publishing affiliate links on the CNN.com U.S. page
- Using social media to promote content and services
- Candidate should have an interest in all aspects of digital and broadcast news media.
- Should be high energy, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, technically solid, strong online and social media skills and be able to function well in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Candidate should have strong writing skills and great attention to detail.
- Stellar customer service and strong team work are a must.
- Experience at a network-level news operation, from production to writing to live event coverage to content promotion.
- Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and are offered a competitive wage based on location. Relocation is not provided.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS