CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Summer 2019 Intern - CNN National Content Center (NCC)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167420BR Apply Now
The CNN National Content Center is the editorial hub of domestic newsgathering for CNN, HLN, CNN.com and more. The National Content Center works with field crews across the US plus our bureaus in New York, California, Colorado, DC, Georgia, Texas and Florida to bring viewers and CNN affiliates the most compelling news and in-depth coverage of events from around the nation. The assignment editors of the desk are responsible for gathering elements, pitching stories, contributing editorial information to reporting and much more.
As an intern for the CNN National Content Center you will be afforded the opportunity to see and be a part of where the news begins.
- You will learn all aspects of newsgathering from the moment a story is born to it making air and being distributed to affiliates.
- You are expected to work with National Desk editors to make editorial calls, search for stories and pitch to networks/bureaus, etc.
- The National Content Center intern will also have the opportunity to observe other departments that work closely with the desk.
- The National Content Center is looking for a student majoring in Broadcast Journalism, preferably who have prior internship experience at a local television station or other network newsroom and is interested in delving into the newsgathering process.
- Ideally, candidates will be looking at careers in journalism such as producing, reporting or working on an assignment desk.
- Excellent communication skills and a huge appetite for news and current affairs is a must.
- Interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and are offered a competitive wage based on location. Relocation is not provided.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS