Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Summer 2018 Intern - TCM ProgrammingLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161211BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, Turner Classic Movies, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
What does our department do?
- Acquires content and creates the thematic film programming ideas and schedules across all platforms for TCM and FilmStruck
- Updates and curates metadata on thousands of film titles and supplemental content
- Tracks, previews, and schedules all of the packaging, promos and original content for TCM and FilmStruck
- Works closely with other departments to bring great films, film history and movie-themed experiences to our fans
What will you be doing?
- Programming some daytimes for TCM
- Screen programming submissions
- Previewing promos, packaging and original productions for accuracy, quality, closed captioning, length, etc.
- Working on database updates for genre, storyline, ratings, participants, awards, etc. (and other special projects)
What do we need from you?
- Film major preferred (passion for film required)
- Knowledge of classic films
- Computer skills
- MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Good writing skills
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Summer 2018 program
- June 4th through August 10th.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.