You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2018 Intern - CNN Off-Platform ProgrammingLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161175BR Apply Now
CNN's Off Platform Programming team works with internal and external partners from Google to Apple to Amazon and beyond to get CNN's industry-leading content out on the most important outside platforms in the world. We are the storytellers who make our journalism sing, dance, do parkour and, especially, travel.
- The intern will work with the Off-Platform Programming team for CNN Digital in addition to collaborating with other parts of the CNN Mobile team and the rest of CNN Editorial, from verticals to global news gathering.
- Exercise a deep knowledge of digital content in many forms: text, video, interactives, galleries, social content, etc. across the entire portfolio and creating compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
- Occasionally you may be called on to curate CNN's mobile homepage or our core mobile app.
- Plan, program and package all kinds of CNN content on our partners' platforms, including relevant images, graphics, and other interactive elements to enhance stories.
- Keep up with metrics and interact with Audience Development to make sure we are bringing the best of CNN to the world.
- Execute programming plans for a wide range of projects.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
- Typically, some journalism experience. School papers count! Class papers not so much.
- A strong understanding of news.
- A strong understanding of storytelling.
- Strong writing.
- Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry, desire to learn, and creativity.
- Interns are paid at minimum-wage and relocation is not provided.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.