You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2017 Intern - Cartoon Network Consumer MarketingLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 155397BR Apply Now
The Cartoon Network Story
We are the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO!, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears it's the place to be. We got awesome web, mobile, and console games like Attack the Light and Teeny Titans -- even The Powerpuff Girls couldn't stay away! Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com.
See what it's like to intern at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Marketing Intern position dedicated to Consumer Marketing will assist with project execution and asset management focusing on major brand campaigns that encompasses digital and gaming initiatives for the summer.
What will you be doing?
- The candidate will gain knowledge and experience in campaign development and execution, with opportunities to work within the process of bringing a project from inception to completion. They will assist in helping to maintain ongoing projects, media planning, social/digital execution, and other task-oriented projects for Cartoon Network's core audience of Kids 6-11.
- Responsibilities include working with the Consumer Marketing team on new series and game launches (mobile, console, PC), programming partnerships, event marketing initiatives, and comprehensive multi-platform media campaigns.
- The Consumer Marketing Intern will gain experience/exposure to a wide range of projects from producing reels, compiling presentation decks, research tasks with insights, and general project management.
- The Intern that joins the team will need to be diligent with tasks, passionate about Kids programming and gaming as well as the Marketing field, and enthusiastic to contribute alongside a team of seasoned professionals.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working as part of a team and have the ability to exercise autonomy to fulfill complicated projects.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of Cartoon Network programs and a passion for children's entertainment (animated, live action, digital and gaming).
- The ideal candidate must be pursuing a college degree in Marketing or a related field (i.e., Advertising, Communications, Television, Psychology) and have proficient computer skills.
- A creative insight with the ability to think outside the box and strong communication, organization, problem solving and time-management skills are necessary.
- A love for gaming and Cartoon Network game titles are a plus.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Summer 2017 program dates are June 5th through August 11th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months’ post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.