You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
TNT Edit ApprenticeLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171831BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies HBO and Warner Brothers. We deliver brands like CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Learn more at https://www.warnermediagroup.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
A TNT Edit Apprentice is an entry level position within Turner Studios geared towards building upon the foundations of a career in editing for the TNT brand. This position is designed for craftspeople who have a keen eye and a passion for storytelling, content creation, post-production, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry. The TNT Edit Apprenticeship is a two-year program where selected candidates grow as assistant editors through development of skilled editing techniques, relationship building with editors and producers, mentoring junior staff, and climbing to the next rung on the ladder. The Apprentice needs to have previous experience with the fundamentals of assistant editing, such as preparing media for edit sessions, pulling selects, creating clip reels, and preparing projects for delivery and archive. The core focus of this job is to strengthen creative and technical support skills, including asset and project management, while gaining essential experience to further develop understanding of the TNT brand and workflows.
As a TNT Edit Apprentice, you will provide editorial support by:
- Organizing, transcoding, and transferring media for session materials (e.g. dailies and episodes from library, shoot footage, etc.).
- Creating and preparing projects for editors (gathering, organizing, and importing media; creating skeleton sequences; etc.).
- Pulling selects and creating clip reels for editors and producers.
- Creating temp graphics for spots (lower thirds, end pages, etc.).
- Cutting bumps, 10s, and handling cut-downs for both air and digital.
- Prepping projects for color and audio.
- Assisting editors and producers with any additional asks.
- Demo reel submitted with your resume.
- Experienced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Very familiar with asset and project management software - namely Strawberry and IPV. Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Faceboook.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Thorough understanding of post-production processes and database management.
- Ability to prep editing material for sessions.
- Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the TNT brand.
- Previous post-production television experience preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS