Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Studio Lighting ApprenticeLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172780BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout Turner to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio-based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for Turner brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to Turner.
- The Studio Lighting Apprentice is the first level on the Lighting Department career ladder.
- This person follows the direction of the Lighting Director or Show Director to train and learn to achieve the desired lighting look of the studio set, often works with a team of other Lighting Assistants.
- This position will also train/learn to have day-of-show Lighting Director responsibilities on our lower profile productions.
- The Studio Lighting Apprentice will take directions from Lighting Director and/or Show Director and train and learn to achieve the desired, optimum lighting for television.
- Basic operation of current computerized lighting consoles to set lighting levels, record and playback lighting scenes - work on ladders and mechanical lifts to hang, and focus lighting instruments overhead in the studio grid and/or on floor stands.
- Set up and distribute power and data cable throughout studio as needed.
- Required to set-up and utilize all studio lighting equipment in a manner that meets industry safety standards.
- Lighting Director Duties - generally performed on our lower profile productions.
- Playback preset and pre-recorded lighting schemes for live and taped studio shows as called for by show director.
- Make minimal lighting adjustments as required before and during productions; Includes replacing burned out light bulbs, re-focusing lighting instruments, add additional talent positions.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS