Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Web DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168549BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
- Code - develop dynamic and data-driven solutions for web and digital platforms.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of work.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables.
- Develop (both backend and frontend components), test, integrate, document, and deploy in accordance to Turner development standards.
- Write clear, documented, and explainable code.
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines on projects.
- Participate - be active in project ideation and design
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules .
- Research new technologies to provide ideas to the team.
- Be able to step in and assist other developers when necessary.
- Maintain - assist in operational maintenance, update code where necessary, provide on-call support as assigned.
- Full stack development
- 5-10 years in web development required.
- Concentration in either client-side or server-side development is OK, but the candidate needs to be able to work on both sides of the development fence.
- Git - experience with git merging, branching and pull requests is required. Experience with GitFlow or similar workflows is handy but not required.
- Strong HTML/CSS skills, including the use of CSS preprocessors (sass preferred).
- Strong PHP development skills
- Experience with Drupal 8 or another object-oriented PHP framework. If no Drupal 8 experience, then experience with an OOP-based PHP framework is OK.
- Experience with responsive web design
- Familiarity with the command line - ability to perform tasks (git, drush, etc.) without the aid of a GUI. - Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS