Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Sr Technical Product ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167731BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products and process. Here at NBA Digital, we manage and operate a large portfolio of digital sports products for the National Basketball Association (NBA), including NBA.com, NBA apps on mobile and connected devices, NBA League Pass, and NBA TV.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead cross-platform technology strategy for our mobile and connected device platforms. This role will manage a small team within a larger Technical Product Management team, to focus specifically on NBA app development on mobile devices, connected TVs, and game consoles. Platforms include iOS, Android, Amazon, Chromecast, tvOS, Roku, Playstation, and Xbox platforms. This team will define the HOW for multi-platform technology solutions, as well as platform- and device-centric feature approaches for live video streaming, VOD clips, NBA game scores, editorial news updates, and basketball stats. You will collaborate closely with business teams, technology teams, and platform developers to build scalable, resilient, and high-performing apps for a best-in-class user experience.
- Manage a team of technical leads to guide solution architecture and implementation strategy for NBA apps across 12+ mobile and connected platforms
- Actively mentor and coach technical product leads to grow technical expertise and soft skills in support of NBA Digital goals and objectives
- Oversee technical architecture and implementation approach for new app features, enhancements, fixes for operational issues
- Build and manage technology roadmap for future capabilities, per business priorities, new platform/OS features, and platform coding enhancements
- Understand business needs and define platform-specific solutions for front-end UI, back-end integrations, video playback, and content/data flows
- Translate functional requirements into technical requirements, and lead comprehensive tech reviews with platform app developers
- Collaborate with app developers to define technical requirements for OS frameworks, video players, caching, data retrieval, and performance
- Evaluate third-party integrations from client app integration perspective, and make technical recommendations on feasibility and risks
- Lead cross-platform simulations to uncover platform bugs with service failures, config changes, business logic implementation, and data consistency
- Meet with Apple, Google, Amazon, and connected platform account reps to review upcoming features and address known platform issues
- Inform and influence across organizations and teams to achieve reusable, sustainable solutions
- 2+ years of leadership experience with managing teams of technical professionals
- 5+ years of experience in technology architecture and implementation for mobile/connected apps
- 2+ years of experience with live streaming video (HLS), CSAI/SSAI video ads
- Experience building native motive apps from requirements to implementation to rollout
- Knowledge of platform app stores, device debugging, and device testing mechanisms
- Experience with app debugging tools, crash logs, and network traffic sniffers (e.g. Charles)
- Experience with in-app purchase, push notifications, and API/SDK integrations
- Knowledge of JSON/XML data retrieval and processing via REST APIs
- Practices leader-leader model for engaged direct reports who fully own their role as leaders
- Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS