Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Systems/Software DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167589BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior Software Developer is a member of the CNN META development team. This team builds and maintains mission-critical video production systems for the CNN television networks. Sample projects include media asset management systems, digital toolkit, digital video archives, and catalog/search systems.
- The Senior Software Developer works as a Scrum team member.
- Apply practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
- A Senior Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also growth and abilities beyond one particular programming language or paradigm.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- A minimum of five years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- Minimum four years of Java and/or Scala and/or Ruby and/or Erlang experience, or a mix of other modern programming languages, where two years or more to include J2EE development against cluster-able application servers or enterprise frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of XML/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
- Five or more years of experience developing systems with enterprise databases, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
- Experience with the functional style of programming and/or functional languages such as Scala, Clojure, or Erlang is considered a plus.
- One year of experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS