WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175183BR Apply Now
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior Systems Engineer, Media Workflows is a member of a senior operational technical team responsible for automating the movement and transformation of video in a file-based broadcast and web/mobile context, using tools like SDVI's Rally, Telestream Vantage, Aspera Orchestrator, Amazon Web Services, and custom scripting and web work.
- This senior professional provides expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 news and entertainment production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security, in addition to acting as a lead and/or mentor to other technical staff.
- Frequently works on large projects in planning, execution and documentation phases in an Agile, DevOps context.
- Is a senior member of the department with final ownership of incident escalations within the content supply chain ITIL Service.
- This is a Monday-Friday, nine to five type role with on-call responsibilities.
- 2+ years of experience designing and operating media workflow systems, including video encoding/transcoding, automated qc and file movement
- Experience with our current technical stack is a huge plus: Aspera, Telestream Vantage, Selenio Flex, Dalet Amberfin, Adobe Media Encoder, Interra Baton, Tektronix Aurora, AWS-EC2, AWS-S3, AWS-Lambda - Cloudformation, CloudHealth, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in systems administration
- 10+ years overall IT experience desired
- 2+ years in an enterprise minimal-downtime environment
- 2+ years’ experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (python preferred; powershell, perl, ruby, bash, etc.; batch does not count)
- Advanced (non-expert) skills with both Microsoft Server and Linux (as a server) operating systems
- Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking, etc.) highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework highly desirable
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and analytics
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, esp. in the realm of complex system troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer/executive interactions
- Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists
- Demonstrated self-starter with capacity for working independently
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS