Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr. Support EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172641BR Apply Now
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia delivers brands like HBO, CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe. https://www.warnermediagroup.com/
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Sr. Support Engineer is integral to the support of Video products at WarnerMedia. This role helps ensure quality products and live events across most of the WarnerMedia brands like CNN, TBS, TNT, TruTV, TCM, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, NBA, NCAA, and MarchMadness. The role will also be critical to delivering our digital products across a wide variety of platforms including HTML5, Roku, iOS, tvOS, FireTv, Android, Chromecast and other Connected Devices. This role will work closely with our Video SDK development teams, digital ads, application and product teams, and backend services team.
The Support Team is expected to shift schedules to be able to work nights and/or weekends as needed to support key tent pole events, concentrating on the consumption and quality of video, dynamic ad insertion via server-side ad insertion (SSAI), DRM, as well as TVE Authentication and Authorization workflows. The Sr. Support Engineer will be the face of our support organization in interactions with our brands during these events and engaged in real time troubleshooting as needed.
The Sr. Support Engineer will be:
- Be eager to learn out video platform and ecosystem from a broad and architectural context
- Participate in daily scrums, bi-weekly retrospectives, cross-functional integration and testing sessions, and client meetings as needed.
- Adhere to a fluid and agile environment with solid development practices including; code pull requests/review, automated testing, continuous integration, and frequent deployments.
- Eager to work in a fun and friendly team atmosphere and we will be looking for someone who is both a technical fit and a good team fit.
- 8+ years of experience developing and/or operating and supporting digital products
- Ability to troubleshoot digital products (experience with digital advertising is a huge plus)
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills
- Strong knowledge of user device and web environments
- Experience and Interest with Video
- Familiarity with Mobile and Connect Device platforms
- Knowledge and interest in video stream protocols
- Knowledge and interest in ad technology
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with dynamic ad insertion in digital environments
- Familiarity with Freewheel
- Familiarity with SSAI concepts
- Familiarity with any of the major SSAI vendors in the market today
- Familiarity with TV Everywhere (TVE) concepts
- Experience with video security technology such as DRM and tokenization
- Experience with video QoS tools such as Conviva
- Web/HTML5 experience
- iOS and/or Android experience
- Roku experience
- Automation and QA experience
- Networking experience
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks, especially Akamai
- AWS/GCP/Azure knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agency/start-up type environment is a must.
- Specific skill set should include building client applications across Desktop, Mobile Web, Mobile apps and/or Streaming Media Devices. Video industry background preferred.
- Experience across the product development life cycle, from analysis to support with strong customer service and communication skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS