WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Software DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 177119BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
A Software developer in Site Reliability Engineering is an exciting engineering position at CNN that is responsible for providing high-quality development and support of solutions across premium brands. Projects for this includes CI/CD implementation, monitoring/alerting setup, creation of automation tools and build environment provisioning. The technologies are leading-edge and the environment is agile, fast-paced, and large-scale web-based development.
- You will be responsible for build environment provisioning, configuration management, deployment, monitoring, and logging products
- You will have experience of the broad AWS ecosystem, including Route53, ECS/Fargate, and Lambda
- You will be knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices and have strong Python, Golang, NodeJS or Perl skills and deep experience with source control (ideally Git)
- Develop dynamic and data driven solutions for web, testing, debugging, integration, documentation, and deployment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Developing high-quality CI, alerting/monitoring, and automation tools
- Assist in maintaining operational queue and backlogs.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development, and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements, provide input to overall architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives.
- Must be able to implement solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security, and performance.
- Provide on-call support as assigned.
- Experience with CDN technologies (e.g. Fastly, Varnish, Cloudfront, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience of micro services and cloud services
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities and limitations.
- Capacity in a few programming languages (e.g. Node.JS, Golang, Python)
- Monitoring and alerting experience (e.g. Prometheus, Graphite, Cloudwatch, Zabbix)
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', CI/CD, and automated testing
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Linux/*nix engineering and administration
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in media, news, and/or entertainment industry
- Experienced with unit and functional automated testing tools
- Worked in a DevOps or SRE environment
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS