Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr. Software Developer - NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169129BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
NBA Digital is seeking an experienced Sr. Software Developer to build APIs and content services that powers the 20+ platforms we support: NBA.com website and NBA apps on mobile devices, OTT streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, smart speakers, and wearables. This role will focus on implementing multi-platform technology solutions, providing technical and product leadership for software architecture, back-end services, back-end optimizations, and data consistency.
- Partner with NBA Digital product and operations teams, Turner GTO technology teams, website/app developers, QA testers, and third-party service providers to define, implement, test, and rollout new product features.
- Support critical operational issues impacting multiple platforms by triaging problem incidents, identifying root causes, and recommending fixes.
- Work on innovative projects to enhance the digital experience for NBA basketball fans Seek and meet any deployment deadline (taking into account the review process, QA and any deployment blackouts).
- Work with tech lead and project manager to identify tasks that need intermediate milestones and proactively give updates.
- Participate in the analysis, design, development and support of efficient application solutions.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of assignments
- Minimum 3-7 years solid experience as a developer
- Experience with Drupal is a plus
- Practical knowledge of Node.js and Express.js
- Knowledge and working experience with cloud services, including lambdas, s3, ecs, codepipeline, cloud formation, yaml, AWS Serverless Application Model.
- Strong Experience working with REST and SOAP APis
- Strong experience in database platforms such as NoSQL: ElasticSearch, CouchDB, MongoDB and RDS: Postgrss SQL. MySQL, MariaDB Git – experience with git merging, branching and pull requests is required.
- Familiarity with the command line – ability to perform tasks (git, drush, etc) without the aid of a GUI.
- Development experience with AWS, Docker, Alpine/Ubuntu shell scripting.
- Experience with CI/CD, agile, or similar software development practices
- Experience working within or leading a DevOps team
- Advanced knowledge of version control and GitHub
- Experience developing and maintaining and versioning consumer-facing applications and/or services
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS