Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Security Engineer, DevOpsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172327BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior DevSecOps Engineer will drive application security and secure DevOps processes, along with other key security disciplines throughout Turner's global technology organization. This engineer will aide teams in establishing secure coding practices as well as helping to determine what good security looks like. This position is critical to establishing and maintaining secure systems while simultaneously promoting a culture of rapid and reliable software and infrastructure across the company. The engineer, in conjunction with the rest of the DevSecOps team, will work with various development and operations teams throughout Turner and its subsidiaries.
- Be a part of a bleeding edge cloud and application security team which enables the agile development of secure and reliable applications.
- Demonstrate security leadership across the organization.
- Lead security assessments of critical company infrastructure and applications to identify potential threat vectors in the technology stack that could be used by attackers and cause disruption or a potential data breach.
- Collaborate with technology leaders to establish metrics that demonstrate security proficiency across all major technology teams.
- Lead the development of tools to improve the security of applications through automation and other means, allowing for faster and easier security gains by teams.
- Ensure processes associated with application security and cloud security of key systems are documented, maintained, and archived.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to develop the standards for cloud and application security.
- Other duties as required.
- 5-10 years of software development, DevOps, and/or cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure) experience.
- Familiarity with security tools such as Nessus, Burp, and web application firewalls.
- Experience with Static/Dynamic Application Security Testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and how to assess them from a security perspective, including the integration of security tools with the pipeline.
- Ability to communicate and influence in an a highly distributed environment, providing leadership, guidance, and direction on security and being an influencer of development, systems, support, and quality assurance teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Certifications such as CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, GWEB/GWAPT, and GPEN preferred.
- Experience with attack and penetration testing or relevant security experience preferred.
- Candidate should have knowledge of system and network configuration for multiple operating systems and infrastructures.
- Experience in broadcast or video streaming a plus.
- Experience building applications utilizing the AWS Well-Architected Framework is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Content Delivery Network technologies such as Akamai or Fastly is a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS