Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sr. QA Analyst - Boomerang Subscription VideoLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 157360BR Apply Now
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. We are the now and the next when it comes to a premium, video subscription service tied to the greatest animation library of all time! Come be a part of one of Turner’s new and most strategically important business initiatives. What more could you want?
Check us out at www.boomerang.com to learn more.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst will manage all QA related functions and help improve the user experience with new products developed by the new and innovative Boomerang digital division. This is a fantastic opportunity to join early and play an integrate part of our product development process. You will create and shape the QA processes. This position reports to the Director, Premium Operations.
What will you be doing?
- Review product requirements and technical specifications of product features to ensure knowledge of intended customer experience.
- Create and implement detailed and well-structured test plans and end-to-end customer experience test cases for initial product launch and new features being introduced
- Identify test requirements and run manual test scripts; may include stress testing, performance testing, functionality testing and scalability testing.
- Provide accurate testing time estimates.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate all testing activities; includes identifying, recording and tracking bugs.
- Communicate test results, identify issues and submit bug reports in timely fashion, collaborating directly with developers and product managers.
- Perform regression testing once bugs are resolved.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to help validate customer experience and ensure quality delivery of product features.
- Serve as liaison with remote tech platform solutions provider based in NY and partner with QA counterparts at technology partner locations
- Lead and manage team of QA engineers; eventually hiring and training new team members.
- Identify and track QA metrics and KPIs
- Assist product team to identify opportunities and features that may enhance overall customer experience with product.
- Stay up to date, research and identify new testing tools, strategies and processes; provide recommendations to the team when appropriate.
What do we require from you?
- The ideal candidate should possess the following skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineers or related subject.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in QA with track-record of high performance
- Provide work experience in software quality assurance
- Experience with end to end black-box testing
- Experience working at a video streaming, gaming or mobile app development studio preferred
- Prior experience working on video-on-demand or cutting edge media technologies a plus
- Proven success and experience managing team of QA engineers
- Ability to think thoughtfully and develop test cases and test integration of overall system.
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience with QA support and debugging tools such as Charles, Android Debug Bridge, Postman, etc.
- Familiarity with bug tracking and project management tools such as JIRA and Bugzilla
- Working knowledge of latest technologies; experience programming for web, iOS or Android a plus
- Experience working at a digital-first company; knowledge and interest in cutting-edge digital media space with enthusiasm for new technologies, children's media and curiosity to learn
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working in AGILE environment
- Self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, willing to be a team player and pitch-in when required
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment; comfortable working under time constraints and demanding release schedules.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.