Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Sr. Product Manager – NCAA/MMLLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158448BR Apply Now
The NCAA Digital team home to a group of smart people with different backgrounds and unique interests who are dedicated to creating the best experience for our audience. We want to deepen the way college sports fans connect with their teams and the game they love to watch. Our digital products are built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but embraces it. Our team fosters a collaborative environment with spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking and impromptu group sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas with no fear. That’s how we keep our creative advantage and consistently deliver innovative work.
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
- The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for a NCAA Digital and March Madness product portfolio (Handset/Tablet, Set Top Boxes/Consoles or Desktop/Mobile Web) and the team of product managers and associate product managers responsible for bringing each set of platforms to market for Turner Sports. This includes comprehensive knowledge of the full product life cycle including product strategy/analysis, roadmaps through ideation, overseeing functional requirements as well as testing and operating the apps during the tournament.
- As a people manager, you must have the demonstrated ability to teach and coach your team and a commitment to helping direct reports with career development.
- This position will also have oversight over certain aspects of the product budget, collaborate with operations on timeline and resources and work with external development partners to execute at a high level.
- Sr. product managers are also asked to work across disciplines to ensure complex implementations (like push notifications, search, ads, analytics, etc) are executed properly.
- This role also requires travel to conferences, vendors and ability to present to various Turner and industry audiences.
- Develop overall product strategy for your portfolio of platforms taking into account industry trends, internal research and metrics. This includes overall business planning and budget considerations. Must be willing to learn about various businesses and industries including the NCAA, media/tv industry, app development and sports as a whole.
- Establish and prioritize product roadmaps based on fan input, strategy and research. The roadmap consists of product features, technical upgrades, operational fixes and requires a strong working knowledge of platform best practices. This includes working with development teams to get estimates and getting projections to stay on budget. It also requires work with Sales to deliver solutions for key sponsorships.
- Manage relationships with third-party development partners and/or internal development teams for your product portfolio. This includes overseeing the requirements and testing plans created by your team, maintaining and monitoring budget, driving all development to completion and collaborating with operations team to make sure deadlines are kept.
- Manage a team of product managers, associate product managers and interns for a product platform portfolio. This includes creating goals and development plans, actively coaching/teach product habits for all parts of the lifecycle, leading team building activities and a commitment to people management as a discipline.
- Oversee one to many guilds that span the full NCAA and March Madness programs to ensure complex features and implementations are executed at high quality. For example, push notifications, search, ads, analytics, etc. This requires a high attention to detail and ability to bring various disciplines together and build consensus and then roll it out across all platforms.
- Provide leadership and help coordinate the operations of all products during key events including March Madness Tournament. Willingness for you or your team to jump in and help wherever needed when asked to ensure the success of the event.
- Present and communicate with Turner senior management, department heads, and the NCAA on product strategy/plans, project status, and revenue/expense performance. On occasion attend and present at industry events
- Minimum of 4 years of digital product management experience with emphasis on digital video products and app development or comparable experience.
- Demonstrated success in leading the delivery of product features and platforms to market at a large scale.
- Demonstrated experience managing, coaching or leading other team members
- Proven experience in all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Proven ability to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to present varied audiences.
- Team player and willingness to work with all disciplines and groups to ensure success.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.