CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. Product Manager - CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160079BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
Join the team responsible for defining, delivering and supporting industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe. Cultivate, partner and work with direct and virtual team relationships to meet changing needs and projects including evaluation, analysis, project management and implementation. This person will work directly with the Sr. Director of Mobile and TV Products to develop and execute our video strategy across CNNgo, OTT, and Mobile Products.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for product development, planning and roadmap execution throughout the development lifecycle
- Gather, prioritize, and document product requirements from cross-functional teams and stakeholders on multiple business levels.
- Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against established, prioritized company goals.
- Bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders to effectively and efficiently execute and deliver on a product roadmap.
- Communicate technology and product requirements and solutions effectively
- Manage and/or facilitate the trade-off process during requirement definition and reviews to ensure releases are delivered against established, prioritized company goals
- Work with, and may manage, other product managers and developers to create new and improve existing products.
- Work with design to measure effectiveness of and consumer response to product ideas/concepts and features via Usability (e.g. Applause/Alpha) and A/B Testing (via Optimizely)
- Partner with business development to determine monetization strategies for digital products
- Drive vendor selection process, maintain the vendor relationship, and drive build in house vs. buy analysis partnering with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish program and product goals, helping to identify and mitigate risks, tracing progress, resolving conflicts, ensuring quality, and reporting on status.
- Ensure clear communication and expectations by partnering with Product Strategy and Technology staff, stakeholders, peers, product operations, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Partner with various stakeholders to help define and determine the product vision and roadmap.
- Maintain, monitor and otherwise be responsible for the core capabilities represented in the relative product and/or platforms developed; manage the product inventory.
- Monitor, facilitate and report on the overall status of the product development initiatives.
- Advocate for the customer.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's Degree, with experience in Web and Mobile Video, Digital Media, Web/Internet and Mobile Technologies or similar discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of product management/development experience.
- 2-3 years of Web and/or Mobile video digital product management / development experience, which would include, but is not limited to OTT and Streaming Media Platforms, desktop web, mobile web and apps (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, etc)
- Ability to partner with internal (e.g., peers, shared services, etc.) stakeholders.
- Results-oriented with ability to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders to effectively and efficiently help define, execute and deliver on a product roadmap.
- Hands on experience with Digital Platforms, which could include, but is not limited to Content Management Systems (CMS), Video CMSs, analytics (Omniture preferred), A/B Testing Tools, OTT and Streaming Media Platforms, Mobile platforms (iOS and Android), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and other traffic acquisition models, Ad Serving Technology (DART, Operative ONE, Krux, etc).
- Strong work ethic, high ethical values, self-prioritization and time management and understanding of how to be thorough in research, review and communication. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and operationally, and to translate ideas into actions.
- Ability to coordinate the logistics from start to finish.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.